We all know that Artificial Intelligence (AI) is everywhere in today’s world.
In fact, you won’t even be aware of the fact that you simply use it all the time.
The digital assistance in your smartphones uses AI for showcasing your required information.
It is one that is personalizing your LinkedIn, Snapchat filters, and those Instagram feed.
All these above-mentioned are AI-powered features.
And especially in this digital era, AI is booming.
It is playing a major role in the transformation and growth of every business aspect.
Healthcare and medication are one of those sectors that are adopting the profits of this AI technology.
There is currently much excitement about how AI is transforming healthcare.
Firstly, there is an increasing no. of AI technologies.
And it is to help people streamline administrative and clinical health care processes.
Thus, according to venture capital firm Rock Health, 121 health AI and ML companies raised 72.7 billion in 206 deals between 2011-2017.
Digie Crew is the best digital marketing agency in Los Angeles, California.
You can reach us at email@example.com to know more about AI’s uses.
Now, let us get going with our business.
How does AI work?
AI is the learning of processing machines, which allows them to act as human intelligence does.
And computers are trained to search for information.
There are several fields that are related to AI.
That includes robotics, cognitive intelligence, ML, which can provide unique solutions.
Ml is one of the best-known branches of AI.
As it helps AI to learn reputations through patterns that track millions of data.
And also helps AI to predict future behaviors.
Therefore, computer machines study and take decisions from experiences and reviewed information.
And this information includes visual perception, speech recognition, decision making, and translation between languages.
Why AI in Medicine?
John Mc Carty first coined the term Artificial Intelligence in the year 1956.
And he is one of the founders of AI.
Companies use AI for a variety of scenarios.
These include managing claims, identifying frauds, and assessing patient’s details, etc.
And the major aim behind the companies applying AI is to make healthcare more accessible and affordable.
AI has countless applications in health care.
AI in healthcare is used to diagnose various diseases.
And also reduces the risk of errors.
Also, it is an efficient symptom checker, assistance for radiology, and a lot more.
Thus, it is used to detect links between genetic codes, power surgical robots, or increase hospital capacity.
How AI is used in medicine:
- AI-enabled machines help people with permanent or temporary disabilities in their work.
- The major problems faced by patients and providers are HAI’s and CLABSI’s.
- Where HAI means Healthcare-Acquired Infections and CLABSI means Central-Line-Associated bloodstream infections.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the U.S. 250,000 CLABSIs occur annually.
- And the mortality rates of patients with CLABSI are up to 25%.
- And the cost of infection is up to $ 36,000 per episode, the CDC said.
- Thus, AI models help clinicians to detect and treat the patient.
- We have many successful surgeries using AI.
- Thus these models can be used with real-time patients to identify crash risks.
- And as part of an early warning system for physicians so that they can intervene before an ICU transfer is required.
- And according to the National Academy of Medicine, waste in health care is widespread.
- Thus it is estimated to account for a quarter of the money spent on health care each year, amounting to $765 billion.
- It provides assistance with case triage.
- AI helps in enhanced image scanning and segmentation process.
Advantages of using AI in healthcare:
- It helps in the improvement and integration of workflow.
- And helps in tracking the treatments take place.
- It serves to track the patient’s appointment.
- AI models use patient medical records, laboratory results, and vital signs from patients.
- As it helps to detect early warning signs of a deteriorating condition.
- Implementation of AI and the Internet of Medical Things in consumer healthcare applications is already helping a vast no. of people.
- Technology applications and apps encourage healthier behavior in people and facilities under the proactive management of a healthy way.
- It puts shoppers on top of things of health and well-being.
- Doctors can use AI-based solutions to help them make better decisions by reducing the tests that are useful to the patient.
- Also, this AI-based application model can give an indication of which tests and will yield accurate or valuable results.
- And these results are based on the patient’s medical history and current characteristics.
- Artificial Intelligence helps you by reducing the overall expenditure.
- AI-based CHATBOTS are running successfully with positive outcomes.
The major issues/risks to look at with AI:
- Its Network systems are vulnerable to malicious attacks.
- Some unexplainable results in the reports.
- Occurrences of overreliance and system errors.
- Sign of false positives/negatives.
- AI can be a bit riskier for certain patients and specialists.
- Data Privacy is another issue to be taken seriously and needs to be careful.
- Elon Musk stated that there may arise many problems with AI, thus he worked on developing Neural links, opposing AI.
We hope you are super excited about Artificial Intelligence and its works.
Thus, AI is the leading software that is ruling all the fields.
AI will play a vital part in the healthcare and medicine industry in the future.
The footsteps of technology are getting closers to all the industries lately.
And a lot of organizations can adapt these new innovations to their core.
Changes are continuously needed for most sectors to rescale.
Almost in every sector, artificial intelligence services are getting a significant response these days, especially in healthcare.
However, we always remember that everything has two sides, positive and negative.
And it will be the same with this AI as well.
It’s necessary to train the new generation of medical trainees.
We should train them about the ideology and relevance of AI.
They must adhere to the standards provided by the device’s manufacturing company.
And about how to work effectively with higher productivity.
Also by cultivating soft skills like sympathy in them.
Finally, it’s necessary that every medical care physician gets to learn about the long-term use and advantages of AI.
And therefore they should know this new unknown state, to where the medication industry is heading toward.
We Digie Crew can help you in knowing more about AI and ML.
Moreover, AI makes complex problem solving easier.
Thus AI and ML help to predict your business market as well.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To know more Get in touch with us: #DIGIECREW